Lindenwood University is in the midst of a bold campus expansion plan that blends the old with the new and provides facilities that will carry Lindenwood well into the future.
Recently, the university broke ground for construction of a $21 million Academic Resources Center. The three-story 100,000-square-foot facility will combine traditional library functions with a host of other student services and is scheduled to open in late 2016.
The new building will serve as the heart of the University’s flagship St. Charles campus, a technologically advanced information center, open 24 hours a day, that will be suited to students needing help with their studies as well as those involved in serious research at all levels of academia.
The stunning new building will include the Mary Ambler Archives, classrooms, and work spaces for adjunct instructors, as well as a variety of student services, including the Writing Center, Student and Academic Support Services (SASS), Career Services, English as a Second Language, International Students and Scholars, and Lindenwood Online. The ARC will replace the older 36,000-square-foot Margaret Leggat Butler Library, which was built in 1929. The new building will be a wonderful environment in which students can learn using the latest technology and media resources.
Other growth includes the renovation and expansion of Harmon Hall, which now houses the university’s Robert W. Plaster School of Business and Entrepreneurship. Nine classrooms and several seminar halls, breakout rooms, the Dunseth Auditorium, and office space house the business school, which was recently named in honor of one our state’s most successful entrepreneurs.
In addition to the bachelor’s degree completion program, the School of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences offers a BS in Public Health and an MS in Nursing.
In fall 2012, the University opened a $9 million Student-Athlete Center adjacent to Hunter Stadium. The signature element of the three-story, 43,000-square-foot building is an Academic Success Center to support athletes’ academic endeavors. The building houses locker rooms for Hunter Stadium’s NCAA sports, athletic training facilities, coaches’ offices, and a new Champions’ Room.
The Evans Commons opened in August 2011. The 119,000-square-foot structure includes a second dining hall, multipurpose courts, a suspended jogging track, a workout facility, recreation rooms and plenty of areas for student relaxation. This magnificent student center was named in honor of recently retired Lindenwood President James D. Evans.
These projects are the result of dynamic growth on the campus going back to 1989. Currently, Lindenwood educates approximately 16,000 students a year in all programs at two campuses, 10 regional centers, and extension sites throughout the state.
|1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301|
|Switchboard (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions (636) 949-4933