Lindenwood University

View Full HTML Version

Int'l - Reentry into the US

Be sure that you are prepared with the following documents before you attempt to re-enter the United States from abroad:

Signed I-20
When you're planning a trip outside of the U.S. check page 3 of your I-20 to be sure that the International Student Advisor has signed within the last 9-12 months. If not, you will need to drop off your I-20 at the International Student Center to be signed. Please allow at least 3 working days for signatures. Before signing, the advisor will need to obtain your school records to verify your full-time enrollment, current address and academic progress.

Valid F-1
The dates on your F-1 visa are important when you are crossing international borders and entering the United States. You will need to have a valid F-1 visa when entering the United States from overseas. If you are returning from a short trip (less than thirty days) to Canada, Mexico, and several adjacent islands, you can return on an expired F-1 visa, as long as you have a valid passport, I-94 card, and a valid I-20 or with an advisor's signature. If you need to renew your F-1, you can obtain information from the nearest consulate/embassy. American Embassies and Consulates

Valid passport
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your entry to the United States (passport agreements between the U.S. and some countries allow for exceptions to this rule.)

Copyright 1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Switchboard (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions (636) 949-4933