Board of Directors
  • Portal Login

Faculty & Staff
  • Online Tutorials
  • Request Blackboard Shell

  • Online Tutorials

  • Access Canvas
  • Student Guides
  • Instructor Guides
menu spacer Students menu spacer Parents menu spacer Military menu spacer Alumni menu spacer menu spacer
menu spacer Calendar menu spacer Directory menu spacer Social MediaSocial Media Options menu spacer Search menu spacer
Show/Hide Background
menu spacer

Int'l - Visa Instructions


Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the end of your intended stay in the US.

Before leaving for the US, make a photocopy of the page containing your photograph and passport number. If your passport is lost or stolen, this will make it easier to replace the passport. Keep the photocopy in a safe place, separately from your passport.

If your passport is lost or stolen, notify your embassy and the police immediately. For contact information of foreign embassies in the USA check the US Department of State Website.


Type: F-1 (Student Visa) : The F-1 visa is for full-time students enrolled in an academic program. F-1 students may stay in the US for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days. F-1 students must maintain a full-time course load and complete their studies by the expiration date listed on the I-20 form.

Lindenwood University can only accept an F-1 visa. For more information on how to get a visa to study in the United States, please go to the United States State Department’s Education USA website.

Maintaining a Visa Status : In order to maintain a F-1 student status a student must carry a full course of study - 12 credit hours for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours for graduate students, not transfer to a new school without authorization, and complete the full course of study in the time allotted for a particular program. Report a change of address, phone number, and/or email address to International Office. F-1 students may stay in the US for the full length of their academic program plus 60 days. The inverse of any of these criteria would cause a student to be out of status and subject to removal proceedings. Thus a student who works without authorization could be placed in removal proceedings. Please read carefully and keep for your reference. If you have any questions about your status or the regulations, please contact the International Student Center by phone (636) 949-4982, e-mail

I-901 : All international students must now pay a $200 service fee to SEVIS prior to their interview at the US Embassy in their home country. Students will not be able to obtain an interview without presenting a receipt indicating the fee has been paid. Listed below are the website and some passages from it that directly pertain to you. Please contact if you have any other questions.

Click Here For I-901 Instructions

Click here for I-901 FAQs

menu spacer
Page Maintained by the Office of International Students & Scholars  Email Feedback
menu spacer View as Printer Friendly menu spacer Share on Facebook menu spacer Share on Twitter menu spacer
A-Z Index  |  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z  J. Scheidegger Center menu spacer 89.1 FM The Wood menu spacer LUTV
Copyright  1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Bookstore   Human Resources   Locations   Maps   News   Publications   Security
Switchboard  (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions  (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions  (636) 949-4933

Viewing Full HTML   |   View Mobile