Lindenwood University

View Full HTML Version

Transfer Students Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What are the admissions requirements for transfer students?
A. Minimum combined GPA of 2.0 and 24 transferable hours.  Students need to supply official college transcripts from all colleges they have attended. 

Q: What if the student falls below the standard transfer requirements?
A. If a student falls below the minimum required GPA of 2.0, OR the minimum transfer hour requirement of 24, the student will be required to submit their high school transcripts, and ACT/SAT transcripts.  Once the documents have been received the student would then be reviewed based on standard freshman admission requirements.

Q. Who do I call for an interview and campus tour?
A. The admissions office at (636) 949-4949

Q. Where can I find additional information about student loans?
A. Visit Financial Aid for more information

Q. How do I apply for federal student aid?

Q. Is there an early estimator if I’m not prepared to file the FAFSA form yet?
A. Yes, the net price calculator will serve as an early estimator to the FAFSA form.

Q. What is the Federal Lindenwood School Code for FAFSA?
A. 002480

Q. Who do I contact about payment plan options?
A. All tuition and fees are payable prior to the term beginning. Please consult your student account representative (listed below) in the Business Office regarding due dates or other payment arrangements prior to the beginning of the term. Your payment options include:

Direct Debit Payment (DDP): Lindenwood University offers Direct Debit Payment Plan. Payments are directly debited from a checking or savings account. There are no additional fees for this plan. If you are interested in a payment plan please call in advance so that a schedule can be mailed to you. Arrangements can be made through your student account representative.

Milos Vranic
Student Account Rep. - Undergrad. A-G
(636) 949-4967

Samantha Kissell
Student Account Rep. - Undergrad. H - O
(636) 949-4969

Sharon Beck
Student Account Rep. - Undergrad. P - Z

Q. Who can I talk to about housing options and what I need to bring for my room?
A. The Housing Director at (636) 949-4848; Visit Housing for more information.

Q. What is your day, undergraduate, St. Charles campus population; commuter and resident?
A. 4704 population; 3482 residents, 1222 commuters

Q. What is your student to teacher ratio?
A. 18:1

Q. Do I have to live on campus?
A. Living on campus is optional for general students.  Student athletes are required to stay on campus.

Q. What is the cost of tuition?
A. Visit the Tuition & Fees page for more information.

Q. Does Lindenwood charge out of state tuition?
A. No, tuition, room, board, and fees are the same for in state vs. out of state students.

Q. What is the transfer policy?
A. There is no limit on the number of hours a student may transfer into Lindenwood. A transfer student must, however, take a minimum of 36 hours in residence in order to receive the degree. A transfer student must complete a minimum of 50 percent of his/her major at Lindenwood University, but a department or division may require a higher minimum number of hours to be taken at Lindenwood University in the major, minor, concentration, or emphasis area to earn the degree.

Q. Does Lindenwood have transfer guides for local community colleges?
A. Yes, Visit the Transfer Guides page for more details.

Q. Does Lindenwood have a transfer coordinator for St. Charles Community College?
A. Yes, Lindenwood has an office at St. Charles Community College to assist students with the transfer process.  Please contact Jackie Geiser at (636) 949-4946 or with any questions.  Appointments can also be scheduled through the Student Development department at St. Charles Community College.

Q. How long has Lindenwood been accredited?
A. Lindenwood University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission since 1921.  Further information regarding regional accreditation and specific school accreditation can be found on the Accreditation page.

Q. What campus activities, sororities and fraternities does Lindenwood offer?
A. Visit Student Life for more information

Q. What are the deadlines?
A. Lindenwood University has a rolling admissions process.  Scholarships, class schedules, and housing is on a first come, first serve basis, so we do encourage students to apply early.

Copyright 1827 - Lindenwood University • 209 S. Kingshighway • St. Charles, MO 63301
Switchboard (636) 949-2000
Undergraduate Admissions (636) 949-4949
Evening & Graduate Admissions (636) 949-4933