Faculty & Staff
  • Online Tutorials
  • Request Blackboard Shell
  • Request Training

  • Online Tutorials
menu spacer Students menu spacer Parents menu spacer Military menu spacer Alumni menu spacer Corporations menu spacermenu spacer menu spacer
menu spacerDirectory menu spacer Social Media menu spacer Search menu spacer
Show/Hide Background
menu spacer

Required Documents

I. International Student Application. Online / Print

The application must be submitted along with a nonrefundable $100 application fee.

Graduate applicants must enclose a copy of their resume along with their application.

II. Official Transcripts and Test Scores

Students must submit certified copies of high school and/or college transcripts (See table below).

A high school graduation date must be visible on your transcript or a copy of your diploma.

From high schools outside of the United States:
Transcripts must be in the original language and accompanied by a certified English translation. These documents will not be returned to you. They will become part of your official file at Lindenwood University-Belleville.

From universities outside of the United States:
Students with earned university credit must submit their transcripts and translations to World Evaluation Services (WES) for evaluation. The WES Basic Course-by-Course (With GPA & course-levels) is the evaluation needed for most international transfer candidates. Make sure to list Lindenwood University-Belleville in Illinois as the recipient. This is necessary to be able to view the progress of your evaluation.

World Evaluation Services (WES)

Once the evaluations of transcripts from WES have been received, Lindenwood University-Belleville will determine which credits will be applied toward a degree.

The cost for the evaluation will be incurred by the applicant. However, once the applicant obtains a visa and arrives at Lindenwood University-Belleville, up to $120 worth of the evaluation can be refunded, provided applicant brings the receipt to the Lindenwood-Belleville Business Office.

Credit Transfer
In addition to the WES evaluation, Lindenwood University-Belleville will also need a copy of the international institution’s course description for each class being transferred, as well as a certified English translation of each course description.

From high schools and universities within the United States:
Transcripts must be original and sent directly from the institution. If you hold a valid I-20, please complete the SEVIS Transfer Procedure, and send to the International Admissions Office at Lindenwood University-Belleville. This will allow for the I-20 transfer process.

Graduate Candidates:
Applicants must submit certified copies of college transcripts, with evidence that a baccalaureate degree has been received. For more information, contact Belleville Evening and Graduate Admissions at bellevilleeveningandgraduateadmissions@lindenwood.edu or by calling (618) 239-6025.

Summary Table


Official Transcript




No college credit

Official high school transcript.*



International College Transfer

 1- 53 transferrable credit hours

Official high school transcript and WES evaluation with college credits.

54 or more transferrable credit hours

 WES evaluation with college credits.

U.S. College Transfer

Less than 24 transferrable credits

Official high school transcript.* Official college transcript(s) sent from the institution. Minimum college GPA 2.0 out of 4.

24-53 transferrable credits

Official high school transcript. Official college transcript(s) sent from the institution. Minimum college GPA 2.0 out of 4.

No Test Scores Required

54 or more transferrable credits

Official college transcript(s) sent from the institution. Minimum GPA 2.0 out of 4.


Official Transcript



With international undergraduate degree

Undergraduate minimum GPA: 2.0



With U.S. undergraduate degree

Undergraduate minimum GPA: 2.0

No Test Scores Required

*Check with international admissions to find out if WES evaluation is required.

Based on the table above, determine if you will need to submit a test score. Only one test score will need to be provided.

III. Affidavit of Support or Bank Statement

Please provide an official document or statement from a bank verifying the total amount of financial support in U.S. dollars, which will be available for tuition and educational expenses (books and insurance). All documents must be in English.

IV. Passport

Please provide a clear, readable copy of the identification page of your passport.

V. Housing Application

All students must submit a housing application and a $300 housing deposit made payable to Lindenwood University. Campus housing will be assigned upon receipt of the housing application and deposit. Please see Financial Services for payment information.

VI. Work and Learn Application

Residential students wishing to participate in the Work and Learn program should submit a Work and Learn application with the admissions documents. For more information regarding the work and learn program, please reference the Work and Learn Handbook.

VII. Insurance

All students should be insured while studying in the United States. Students may carry any health insurance policy they choose, however, Lindenwood University does not provide any insurance for students. Athletes, make sure your insurance covers sports related injuries.

Please send all documents to:

Lindenwood University-Belleville
International Admissions Office
2600 West Main Street
Belleville, Illinois 62226
Phone: (618) 239-6249
Fax: (618) 239-6170

menu spacer
Page Maintained by Admissions  Email Feedback
menu spacer View as Printer Friendly menu spacer Share on Facebook menu spacer Share on Twitter menu spacer
A-Z Index  |  A  B  C  D  E  F  G  H  I  J  K  L  M  N  O  P  Q  R  S  T  U  V  W  X  Y  Z 
Copyright  Lindenwood University - Belleville • 2600 West Main Street • Belleville, IL 62226
Lindenwood - St. Charles   Books   Human Resources   Locations   Maps   News   Publications   Security

LU-Belleville Main Phone  (618) 239-6000
LU-Belleville Main Fax  (618) 277-6001