- To promote acceptable standards of ethical conduct at every opportunity and adhere to the NATA Code of Ethics.
- To prepare athletic training students for success on the BOC examination.
- To continually seek and update instructional methods and clinical instruments used throughout the athletic training education program, both in the didactic and clinical environment.
- To prepare students for a lifetime of learning through continuing education and research.
- To develop healthcare employees with effective communication skills and an understanding of the importance of inter-professional relationships within the healthcare industry.
- To provide athletic training students with exposure, experience, and supervision in multiple clinical rotations in preparation for various employment opportunities, both traditional and non-traditional.
- To continually assess student outcomes and improve instructional methods and techniques in order to provide students with the best possible skill set.
- To continually seek the highest quality students for enrollment in the ATEP and to actively seek qualified individuals to enroll at Lindenwood University as Graduate Assistants within the ATEP.
- To promote membership and involvement in the NATA, MAATA, MOATA, and other athletic training and professionally-related organizations.
- To provide various networking opportunities and assist athletic training students with identifying and securing post-graduation employment or graduate assistant positions.
- To continually seek and update academic resources within our curriculum library and the Lindenwood University library.