The Hammond Institute is a new research center at Lindenwood University. Its mission is to foster free enterprise and civil and religious liberty through the examination of market-oriented approaches to economic and social issues. This mission is based on the view that a limited government, such as that laid out in the Constitutional foundation of the United States, is a necessary component of a just and prosperous society.
The Institute is directed by Dr. Howard Wall and comprises three focus centers:
Upcoming, New, and Recent Activities
- Twitter: @LUHammondInst
- Newsletter: Go here to read about what we’ve been up to in our first few months.
- Public Presentation:The Up Side of Down: Why Failing Well Is the Key to Success, October 9, 3 p.m., author and Bloomberg View columnist Megan McArdle. Presented by the Hammond Institute.
- Business Blog: Read about the Hammond Institute's first year in Streetscape Magazine.
- Podcast:A Conversation with Lee Presser, Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
- Radio Panel:Winners and Losers from Raising the Minimum Wage, Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
- Public Forum:Expanding Opportunities: A Discussion About Tax Credit Scholarships, April 25. Co-hosted by the Hammond Institute and the Show-Me Institute.
- Free Exchange Episodes:New interviews with Donald Livingston, Carey Roberts, and Robert Higgs.
- Conference:Is Government the Problem? March 21-23. Speakers included economic historian Robert Higgs. Presented by the Liberty and Ethics Center.
- Free Exchange Episode: Interview of Kit Wellman of the Department of Philosophy at Washington University in St. Louis.
- Research Publication:Where is an Oil Shock?, Journal of Regional Science, Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
- Policy Research: The Missouri Quality Jobs Program: Rearranging the Deck Chairs (And Throwing Some Overboard), Missouri Policy Journal, Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
See all activities