The Hammond Institute is a research center at Lindenwood University. Its mission is to foster free enterprise and civil and religious liberty through the examination of market-oriented approaches to economic and social issues. This mission is based on the view that a limited government, such as that laid out in the Constitutional foundation of the United States, is a necessary component of a just and prosperous society.
The Institute is directed by Dr. Howard Wall and comprises three focus centers:
Meet the people of the Hammond Institute.
Upcoming, New, and Recent Activities
- Twitter:@HammondInst and @LibertyEthics
- Upcoming Event: Ralph Nader and Grover Norquist, The Emerging Left-Right Alliance to Dismantle the Corporate State, March 19. Hosted by the Hammond Institute and FM NewsTalk 97.1.
- Upcoming Conference: Capitalism, Crony Capitalism, and the Common Good, hosted by the Liberty and Ethics Center.
- Social Media Campaign: Shop and eat in Ferguson and Dellwood and tweet your selfies #FergusonFavorites.
- Economic Commentary: Evidence Shows that the Minimum Wage Doesn't Work, Hammond Institute and CEE director, Howard Wall.
- Free Exchange TV: New episodes including interviews with Mo. House Speaker Tim Jones and Paul Patterson of Restore St. Louis, as well as discussions of free markets for kidneys, the philosophical underpinnings of libertarianism, the 2008 financial crisis, and more.
- New Policy Fellow: Missouri House Speaker Tim Jones will be joining the Hammond Institute as a Senior Policy Fellow.
- Entrepreneurship Symposium: Video Game Design and Entrepreneurship, November 19, 12-1. Presented by the Duree Center.
- Public Event: St. Louis in Black and White, November 7. Presented by the Liberty & Ethics Center.
- Business Blog: Beware of "Economic Impact" Studies, Streetscape Magazine, Nov/Dec. Howard Wall, CEE and Hammond Institute Director.
See all activities